| Season 1, Episode # 1 |
Number (#1) in series (117 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||J. Pat O'Malley|
|Original airdate||26 September 1969|
| « Previous|
| Next »|
The Honeymoon is the pilot episode of The Brady Bunch TV series, the first overall episode in the series. Written by series creator Sherwood Schwartz and directed by John Rich, the episode premiered 26 September 1969 on ABC-TV.
Mike and Carol's wedding is a true family affair, complete with six children, two pets and a maid, and after the wedding ends in chaos, their honeymoon becomes a family affair too.
Michael Brady, an architect and widower with three sons (Greg, Peter and Bobby) marries Carol Ann Martin, a mother with three daughters (Marcia, Jan and Cindy). Mike and Carol have a chaotic backyard wedding, in which the boys' dog, Tiger, chases the girls' cat, Fluffy. Mike and Carol admonish their children, yelling at them to go catch their pets. The newlywed couple goes on a honeymoon later that day, while the children sit at home thinking that their parents hate them. While on their honeymoon, Mike and Carol realize that they were too hard on their children, and they decide to bring them along on the honeymoon. They also bring along Alice (the housekeeper), Tiger and Fluffy.
- This was the pilot episode for The Brady Bunch.
- This is the only episode where Christopher Knight is credited as "Chris Knight".
- It is Fluffy's only appearance in the series.
- Mike, Alice and the Brady boys live in a different house to that seen in the rest of the series, although the stairs are the same.
- This is the first out of two episodes not to have an epilogue/closing joke (the other being season 4's "Greg Gets Grounded").
- J. Pat O'Malley as Henry Tyler, Carol's Dad
- Joan Tompkins as Mrs. Henry Tyler, Carol's Mom
- Dabbs Greer as the Minister
- James Millhollin as Mr. Pringle