Lloyd J. Schwartz (born May 2, 1946) is an American television producer and writer.
He also has written for TV series including Alice, The A-Team, and Baywatch. In 1988, he helped create The Munsters Today, a revival of The Munsters.
In 1985, Schwartz co-founded The Storybook Theatre of Los Angeles with his wife, Barbara Mallory. Storybook Theatre has been honored by both the United States Senate and the House of Representatives.
On June 6, 2008, a stage musical debuted in Los Angeles called A Very Brady Musical. The show was written by the Schwartz and his sister Hope Juber. The music was written by his sister and brother-in-law Hope and Laurence Juber. Schwartz directed the production, which starred his wife, Barbara Mallory and his son Elliot Schwartz as Carol and Greg Brady.
- "BBBRRRRrrrrrr!--That New Abominable Snowman Comedy" (pilot, 1976)
- Gilligan's Island (musical, 1992)
- Appeared in The Brady Bunch episode "The Cincinnati Kids".
- Lloyd has written a book about The Brady Bunch in 2010, entitled Brady, Brady, Brady.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Heffley, Lynne (1996-12-01). "Will Work for Milk and Cookies; Veteran producer Lloyd Schwartz and actress Barbara Mallory-Schwartz find running the Storybook Theatre for young children more rewarding than cutting deals in Hollywood". Los Angeles Times: p. 73. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/16575411.html?dids=16575411:16575411&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Dec+01%2C+1996&author=Lynne+Heffley&pub=Los+Angeles+Times+%28pre-1997+Fulltext%29&desc=FAMILY%3B+KIDS%3B+Will+Work+for+Milk+and+Cookies%3B+Veteran+producer+Lloyd+Schwartz+and+actress+Barbara+Mallory-Schwartz+find+running+the+Storybook+Theatre+for+young+children+more+rewarding+than+cutting+deals+in+Hollywood.&pqatl=google. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- ↑ 'A Very Brady Musical' swept the Valley Theatre League Awards as best production, best musical, best director for Lloyd, best writing for Lloyd and his sister, Hope Juber, among other awards. The Brady Bunch: Here’s the Story, of a Brand New Musical
- ↑ Mahoney, John C. (1976-12-03). "New Snowman at Group Theatre". Los Angeles Times: p. G20.
- ↑ Bommer, Lawrence (1992-11-06). "Gilligan's Crew Resurfaces in Musical". Chicago Tribune: p. 6.
- ↑ Christiansen, Richard (1992-11-12). "To enjoy Gilligan, just sit right back; Musical a mildly amusing cruise". Chicago Tribune: p. 26.
- ↑ Heffley, Lynne (1987-04-14). "A Defanged Little Red Riding Hood". Los Angeles Times: p. 6.
- ↑ Maslin, Janet (1996-08-23). "A Very Brady Sequel (1996): That Bunch Is Back, and Life's a Bowl of Cabbages". The New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9B04EFD71130F930A1575BC0A960958260. Retrieved 2010-01-21.